Thursday, September 16, 2010

BLACKBERRY FABRIC DYEING


I picked some blackberries and put them into the freezer for a few days.  I took them out this morning, to let them thaw a little, then put them into a colander and started crushing the liquid out of them.  That got old fast, so I just took the mess and spread it over a fat quarter of pre-mordanted cotton fabric.  I put another fat-quarter on top and rolled the mess up in a piece of plastic sheeting.




I'll leave it like this for a few days.

I took some of the liquid and put it into an aluminum pot and heated it to 130 degrees F and then dropped another fat-quarter into the pot and removed it from the heat.  I'll leave it in there overnight also.

Boy, does this smell delicious!  No kidding...way better than rotting petunias!

No comments:

Post a Comment