Wednesday, October 27, 2010

ORANGE CALENDULA PETALS

One of the other exhibitors gave me their flowers at the end of the show.  Here are the orange Calendulas.

I had taken just the petals off and stored them in a ziploc baggie until we got home.  Then I put them into the freezer for several days.

I put the petals into hot water - 135 degrees - and put in the prepared fabric.

After a few minutes I began to think nothing was going to happen.  (Sometimes I'm a little impatient).

I took the flowers and fabric out of the liquid and spread out the fabric and started rubbing the petals into the fabric.  I smashed and ground and pushed them around equally.



Then I rolled the smashed petals up into the fabric and shoved the whole mess into a glass jar and left it overnight.




The color was looking pretty terrific.

When I took it out and rinsed it off, a little of the color went away, but the nice butter yellow stayed nicely.  There are little touches of orange, I don't know if you can see in this photo, but it's really nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment